Registration New Breed with TICA
Advancement from Experimental New Breed to Registration Only
- At least 1 year has passed since the initial recording of the breed in the Experimental Record.
- At least 10 cats of the breed have been recorded in the Experimental Record.
- At least 5 litters of the breed have been recorded.
- At least 3 TICA members in good standing from 2 different regions are on record.
Preliminary New Breed
Advancement from Registration Only to Preliminary New Breed
- Application for PNB status no sooner than 2 years after acceptance for Registration Only;
- At least 15 cats which have attained the age of 8 months (at the time of application) are registered with TICA;
- At least 10 litters have been registered with TICA;
- At least five TICA members in good standing, in at least three different regions are actively breeding the breed (“actively breeding” means breeding at least one litter within the previous 2 years).
Advanced New Breed
Advancement from Preliminary New Breed to Advanced New Breed
- At least 1 year has passed since the breed was first advanced to PNB status;
- At least 100 cats, which have attained the age of 8 months (at the time of application), are registered with TICA; of these, at least fifty (50) must either correspond to requirements for the assigned registration category for Championship or have a registration code such that the offspring could be eligible for Championship;
- At least 25 litters have been registered with TICA;
- At least 15 TICA members in good standing, in at least five different regions are actively breeding the breed;
- At least 25 unique individual cats of the breed have been evaluated in TICA shows. (NOTE: Kittens and alters may be included in this total but each cat only counts once toward the total, regardless of how many times the cat has been shown.
Advancement from Advanced New Breed to Championship Status
- At least 1 year has passed since the breed was first advanced to ANB status;
- A minimum of 200 adults registered in any full member association of the World Cat Congress (WCC) of which a minimum of 50 are registered in TICA at a level potentially eligible for championship competition;
- List of at least 35 shows licensed by WCC organizations of which at least 10 must be TICA shows where cats have been exhibited, including region/countries and judges. A Show shall be defined as a “show catalog” for this purpose;
- List of 25 unique individual cats that have been shown;
- List of judges who have judged the breed.
- A minimum of 5 regions are represented by a minimum of 15 breeders who are TICA members in good standing actively breeding the breed.
- At least 25 unique cats shown in the ANB including entries shown in at least 5 regions during the year preceding the application.
Every NEW breed must meet the following requirements in each of the next three show years following acceptance in order to retain championship status:
- Register a minimum of 25 additional cats of the breed.
- Exhibit a minimum of 10 individual cats of the breed in at least 15 rings in at least 3 regions.
- Have at least 5 TICA members in a minimum of 3 regions who are actively breeding the breed.